Hanoi Toronto School is proud to announce the award of a “She Leads Here” scholarship for a female Vietnamese student in Hanoi. The scholarship winner will have a passion for leadership, will be a creator of solutions and will be willing to address global issues and share ideas publicly. The scholarship will require an advocate’s voice for addressing issues such as UN Sustainable Development Goals including climate action, disability issues, peacebuilding, equity of access to education, gender equality, human trafficking, and gender-based violence. If you believe you have what it takes to make a change in the world, then make your voice heard by applying for the “She Leads Here” scholarship today.
This initiative is supported by the Embassy of Canada in Hanoi.
The application deadline is Sunday, 24th April 2022
Total value of Scholarship: VND 1.1 billion
Coverage: 100% tuition fee for 04 academic years at Hanoi Toronto School
Number of scholarships: 01
Academic program: Integrated pathway
* Please click on the image for the full size
- Female student
- Vietnamese citizen living in Vietnam and attending a public school
- Excellent academic reports of the past two years
- Entering Grade 6 in 2022/23 school year
- Good English proficiency
- Active in social activities with proof of prizes, awards, volunteer work, leadership experience, and special talents is an advantage
- Willing to engage as an ambassador in public presentations and community work
Relatives of an employee of the Canadian Government (including The Embassy/ Consulate of Canada to Vietnam) and/or Hanoi Toronto School or any other identity of International Schools Partnership may not apply.
II. How to apply
Make and submit a video presentation (2-minute minimum – 2:20 minute maximum) titled, “Global issues and me”. As the presenter in the video, you need to cover one of the following topics and discuss how related issues need to be addressed:
- Climate action
- Disability issues
- Human trafficking
- Gender equality
- Equity of access to education
- Gender-based violence
III. Scholarship Awarding Process
*Before applying, we recommend reading the Scholarship terms and conditions.
Step 1: Scholarship application
Applicants should complete the Scholarship Application Form by Sunday, 24th April 2022.
Required documents for the application:
- Passport-size photo of applicant
- Notarized copy of birth certificate or passport
- School Reports of Grade 4 and semester 1 of Grade 5
- Certificates and Awards for activities stated in eligibility criteria 1.6 above (if any)
- The “Global issues and me” video
These documents/items need to accompany the Scholarship Application Form.
Step 2: Scholarship test
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete the HTS Scholarship Test and participate in a 20-minute interview with the School and Embassy of Canada representative. The interview will focus on the video topic.
Expected date: Monday, 2nd May 2022.
Step 3: Scholarship offer
- HTS will announce the scholarship winner by Sunday, 8th May 2022.
- Runners-up will receive a scholarship of 20% off on HTS tuition fees for the 1st school year. This discount can’t be used in conjunction with other promotional schemes.
Step 4: Scholarship award
Scholarship Award Ceremony is expectedly held on Sunday, 15th May 2022
The judges’ decision will be final and no further discussions will be entered into.
Hanoi Toronto School
If you have questions about your scholarship application or the outcome, please contact the scholarship coordinator via
- Hotline: 0869111800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org